Twenty First Century Engineering provides complete Phase I Environmental Site Inspections for commercial, industrial, and multi-family residential properties throughout the State of Florida.
The purpose of a Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Report is to evaluate the property’s environmental liability and economic potential for real estate holdings in accordance with American Society for Testing and Materials Standards (ASTM). Scope of inspections may include:
- Database search of property to determine confirmed and suspected contaminated cases within one mile of property. Contact with state and local governmental agencies, such as local health departments and fire departments to collect historical information on the property and surrounding area.
- Interviews of current and former property owners, residents and area officials regarding current and previous uses of the property, including immediate surrounding area.
- Investigate historical uses of property for storage, treatment and disposal of hazardous substances.
- Investigate whether the site has been used or is being used for underground storage tanks, hazardous material storage, on-site spills or leaks and determine whether in accordance with Federal and state regulations.
- On-site inspection of property.
- Provide findings summary of environmental conditions associated with the property supported by documentation.
- Review of historical photographs and/or maps for evidence of property uses and for corroboration of potential site contamination.
Twenty First Century Engineering’s understanding of this complex maze of environmental factors allows the firm to assist its clients to determine property values.
Air Quality Assessments
Twenty First Century Engineering staff is licensed to provide indoor air quality assessment to assure a healthy environment for residential, governmental, school district, commercial and industrial property owners.
The company provides unbiased investigations to detect exposure and to develop a detailed protocol to remediate the environmental concerns, including:
- Chinese Drywall
- Lead Paint
- Water Intrusion
The firm’s licensed professionals perform inspections, cause and origin investigations, abatement design and oversight, clearance sampling and cost control. Twenty First Century Engineering provides biological testing, cultures, air sampling and borescope investigations. We contract with local certified laboratories to provide independent analysis of aerosol and cultures obtained on-site. The company prepares comprehensive findings of its investigations with suggested remediation protocol, in conformance with OSHA regulations.
Twenty First Century Engineering has experienced, licensed mold assessors who conduct comprehensive inspections and analysis to identify mold contamination.
Areas to mitigate are determined through physical inspection of property and the utilization of infrared thermography and moisture meters. Staff develops a remediation protocol, along with a detailed work management analysis and mold removal plan.
The company retains, supervises and monitors certified contractors who must follow stringent, cleanup protocols and directives, in compliance with EPA, Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and other applicable regulations.
Following completion of remediation, the company re-tests the property to assure a “mold-free” environment.